cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received 02 mobile for review, but is now blacklisted.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Basically, I review phones for 02. Hope and Glory "02 PR" send me the products to review for 02. A few months ago I received a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge to review, but I became ill. I was away from home for a while due to my illness and wasn't able to send the phone back, or respond to Hope and Glories emails for the phone to be returned.

I returned home last week and instantly emailed H&P to explain what had happened. Yesterday, She told me that 02 have agreed to let me keep the phone! which I was, of course, very grateful. The only problem now as that during the few months I wasn't able to reply to their emails, they had blacklisted the phone. 

I emailed H&P today to tell them this, but they told me they would be unable to help me with this. I phoned 02 customer service ( The lost and stolen department ) but they told me I have to be the original owner to get it Un-Blacklisted... Which of course, there isn't one ( if you don't include 02 itself ). So now I don't really know what to do. I have proof of the emailed between me and 02's PR group if it's needed. Including other contact information.

As 02 have actually given me the phone to keep, the phone isn't lost ( in their eyes ) anymore, neither is it stolen.

Any help on this matter would be very much appreciated. 

Regards

Michael Thackeray

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

The only thing I would suggest is that you bring the phone, along with a copy of the email and your ID to an O2 store, and ask them to call customer service for you. Customer service would be the only ones who would be able to unblock the phone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

The only thing I would suggest is that you bring the phone, along with a copy of the email and your ID to an O2 store, and ask them to call customer service for you. Customer service would be the only ones who would be able to unblock the phone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
maybe they are letting you keep the phone because they have already blocked it and put it down as a loss.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Regardless it isn't your phone, it belongs to o2 and only they can remove the bar. If they refuse you haven't lost anything.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Only O2 can sort this out for you. Try calling again but as said, nothing lost in all honesty if you get nowhere with the problem.

Message 5 of 7

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous (Michael), I've sent you a PM.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 6 of 7

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
In fairness, you've a brass neck!
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 7 of 7