Did you mean: 

Re: Unlocking phone

michelles
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dear All,

I am really fed up and not giving up until O2 resolves this issue.

I have bought a Samsung Galaxy A5 paying it £. 349,99 cash at O2 Network selling poing named  'TELEFONICA LTD on Oxford Street 134, London UK.' Meaning that my Samsung Galaxy A5 was not purchased on contract but as I said purchased paying Cash the whole amount.

I finished working in the UK and returned to my home country where I have inserted my Home country Vodafone Sim and my device did not / does not work, as O2 has  locked my  device without asking my permission and worst of all without telling me they were doing so.

Also note that I have paid off completely my 'direct debit contract' via bank transfer into O2 Banks account directly.  Meaning I do not owe O2 anything!

I followed their instructions to get it unlocked but it did not work. - Ref : ""The PUK is linked to the phone number and SIM. You would just need to type in your mobile number or alternatively we can check it for you here: http://j.mp/O2Help""

I had to wait 1 week to get the Puk 8 digit code which is NOT WORKING . 

O2 said that they had to wait for Samsung to provide them with this number and accordingly O2 had wait for their Central Server to provide them. with the 8 digit code.(does not make sense as Samsung Servers are not connected to O2 Servers). 

I have contacted Samsung Customer Support Service /Manger and they said it is not true.That they sold their devices unlocked to O2 and it is O2 that lockes them. Samsung asked me to check my SM number to see if it ended with O2 references which I did i.e, : SM-A5XXXXXXO2U.  

I need my handset to be functionale in order to change the sim as I use it for working purpose and since Septemeber I am waiting for O2 to unlock my device by providing me with SIM code to unlock it .

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

HI @michelles

Have you followed the advice in this guide? https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...

If so I will tag @EmilieT to see if she can help

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 13

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
The correct process for unlocking is here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...
I'll tag @EmilieT as there have been some problems recently though, so she may be able to help further.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 13

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

It isn't the PUK code you need. There has been some mix up so hopefully there is no problem now with keep trying an 8 digit PUK code which consists of digits only.

Message 4 of 13

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @michelles, did you get a chance to look at the suggestions above? Please let us know how you get on with this, if the advice helped or if you need some further support slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 13

michelles
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

Yes, I have but not working.

Note the unlocking code O2 provided me with did not work.

Message 6 of 13

michelles
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Done ,  still not working.

Message 7 of 13

michelles
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Done, not working

Message 8 of 13

michelles
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

Yes the O2 employer called the 8 digit number she provided me with a Puk. That is why I have been calling it Puk.

But now  I am have recontacted O2 customer Service Support asking them for another 8 digit code to unlock my phone . Hoping that this time it will work.

Message 9 of 13

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Stop asking for a PUK.
You need a network unlock code.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 13