Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCS Migration

AnthonyBEarles
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I know O2 were running the migration from to Jibe until 31st October. It's now 1st November and my account hasn't yet switched.

Is anyone else still waiting for this?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

As others have mentioned / linked to, it depends on if you're currently using RCS via Google Messages or Samsung Messages.

• If you use the Google Messages app, these migrations started on 10 October 2023, with customers moving across gradually until 31 October 2023. Once the migration starts, you may lose the ability to send RCS messages for up to 5 days – though typically it’s only 2 days
  • If you use the Samsung Messages app, the migration starts on 9th November 2023 and again, gradually moving across until 24th November 2023. For our Samsung Messaging app users, there should be no downtime – as the RCS implementation is slightly different and easier/faster for us to migrate

Just as an example, I have a Samsung S20 Ultra and I use the Google Messages app. I've been registered for RCS since the functionality became available and I got the popup to accept the new Google T&C's two days ago. So any customers in a similar position, should have been migrated by now.

If however you're a Samsung Messages user registered for RCS, then the migration for those customers won't begin until 9 November and will happen gradually up until 24 November. So if you're sailing the seas in this boat, then don't worry - migrations haven't started yet, but will soon.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7939 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

Well technically 31st for Google Messages and then November for those that use the Samsung App.

I take most O2 timelines with an ounce of scepticism 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149473 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions

@AnthonyBEarles 

@Chris_K holds the knowledge https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/RCS-An-Update-from-O2/td-p/1656507/jump-to/first-unread-m...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 4

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

As others have mentioned / linked to, it depends on if you're currently using RCS via Google Messages or Samsung Messages.

• If you use the Google Messages app, these migrations started on 10 October 2023, with customers moving across gradually until 31 October 2023. Once the migration starts, you may lose the ability to send RCS messages for up to 5 days – though typically it’s only 2 days
  • If you use the Samsung Messages app, the migration starts on 9th November 2023 and again, gradually moving across until 24th November 2023. For our Samsung Messaging app users, there should be no downtime – as the RCS implementation is slightly different and easier/faster for us to migrate

Just as an example, I have a Samsung S20 Ultra and I use the Google Messages app. I've been registered for RCS since the functionality became available and I got the popup to accept the new Google T&C's two days ago. So any customers in a similar position, should have been migrated by now.

If however you're a Samsung Messages user registered for RCS, then the migration for those customers won't begin until 9 November and will happen gradually up until 24 November. So if you're sailing the seas in this boat, then don't worry - migrations haven't started yet, but will soon.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 4