cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Sony Xperia Z3 battery life

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had the Sony Xperia Z3 for about a week now and up until yesterday the estimated battery life was showing as approximately 2 days on a full charge (more with Stamina mode enabled).

Now it's showing in the region of 10 hours or so which doesn't seem right.

Any thoughts on what's happening and to fix this? 

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

The battery estimation is only based on your current level of usage, so if you take it off charge and leave it in your pocket for two hours whilst you travel to work etc obviously it will estimate the battery is going to last an awfully long time. As soon as you start phoning/facebooking/e-mailing/spotifying etc etc that estimate will plummet.

Have you been doing anything new with the phone (a new app, leaving several apps logged in but running in the background etc), that might be affecting the estimate?

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124264 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7514 Solutions

We have a Sony expert on here @viridis ...I will call him and hope he come along to answer...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 17

jonsie
  • 93292 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Have a look in settings to see what's using the battery.

It could be a problem  with  an app. Have you recently downloaded anything?

Message 3 of 17

MI5
  • 147001 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions
Check the battery usage stats to see what's using the power.
Rebooting the phone can also clear any small glitches but also check if any accounts have got stuck whilst syncing.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 124264 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7514 Solutions

Sorry @MI5  and @jonsie  I wasn't inferring that you two gods were not experts...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 17

jonsie
  • 93292 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Sorry @MI5  and @jonsie  I wasn't inferring that you two gods were not experts...LOL

I'll forgive you....in timetongue

Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

The battery estimation is only based on your current level of usage, so if you take it off charge and leave it in your pocket for two hours whilst you travel to work etc obviously it will estimate the battery is going to last an awfully long time. As soon as you start phoning/facebooking/e-mailing/spotifying etc etc that estimate will plummet.

Have you been doing anything new with the phone (a new app, leaving several apps logged in but running in the background etc), that might be affecting the estimate?

Message 7 of 17

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
It's what phillpark said.
It's an estimate based on current usage.
If it's saying this just after unplugging, it would suggest there's something using battery quite a bit in background.
Click on battery usage to be given the list of what's using it.

And remember 2 days in mobile manufacturer speak is between 7-10 hours screen on time.
Message 8 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 124264 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7514 Solutions

Glad you made it to the party @viridis (One and half hours late) I had managed to insult @MI5 and @jonsie in my efforts to 'call you'...and then @Anonymous rocks up with another good answer.

I would suggest you go and stand in the corner and wait and see if I call you again...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 17

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I do apologise matron,
Thought it best to wait until I could see the screen in order to type.
Attempted earlier but no depth perception at moment unless I physically pin open my eyelid with a matchstick.
Message 10 of 17