cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Querry

Anonymous
Not applicable
If I cancel my contract do I have to give back the phone and ps4 that comes with it
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
If I cancel my contract do I have to give back the phone and ps4 that comes with it

If you cancel after only paying one month, you will get a final bill based on the full amount for the next 23 months, even if on a refresh tariff.

If on refresh and you pay off device plan early, you can then cancel with no extra charges.

If bought from a 3rd party such as carphone warehouse,  and you only pay off one month then think "sod it, I got a free phone and ps4" you will probably not get another mobile contract for a long time and the goods may well be reported as stolen by CPW as you have gained credit with no intentions of repaying the contracted amount.

Those are all the applicable outcomes

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

You may do if you are cancelling while still in your minimum term. Are you on a Refresh tariff

Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If within the first 14 days, yes, if just paying off device plan early and cancelling airtime, no.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
So if I was to pay it of first then cancel would I have to give them back
Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No, because you'd have bought it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK just so I understand if I pay off the first month I can keep the phone and what comes with it
Message 6 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

No. You would have to pay off the full amount of the phone. Where did you ever come up with the idea that you'd only have to pay the first month?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The full device cost part for which you have signed a credit agreement for will need to be settled first. You can then cancel the airtime part for free.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

If you cancel after only paying one month, you will get a final bill based on the full amount for the next 23 months, even if on a refresh tariff.

If on refresh and you pay off device plan early, you can then cancel with no extra charges.

If bought from a 3rd party such as carphone warehouse,  and you only pay off one month then think "sod it, I got a free phone and ps4" you will probably not get another mobile contract for a long time and the goods may well be reported as stolen by CPW as you have gained credit with no intentions of repaying the contracted amount.

Those are all the applicable outcomes

Message 9 of 9