cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Galaxy S2

Anonymous
Not applicable

FIRSTLY My phone was new November 2012 but not only is it laden with apps I'll never use, the majority is Irish apps (newspapers and the such-like). I live in the East Midlands! Even more unexpected is that  on 'page 2' (if you see what I mean) I have VODAFONE apps 'appselect', 'music shop', 'my web' and 'updates'!!!!!!!! I don't understand how this can be?

I took on a new number when I had the phone from o2 (i was previously with Vodafone) and am getting the odd text and message for what must have been the previous number-holder.

SECONDLY I am having issues with the screen going blank once a call is made so that if it rings to voicemail I cannot access any of the buttons to end the call and it won't respond to the 'big button' either. Is this a known problem?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Smells of tuna slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 20

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I wonder how many like that are floating around? Smiley LOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 12 of 20

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Irish Vodafone sort of says it allSmiley Frustrated

Where have you ordered the Nexus 4? Could have sworn you would have chosen iphone 5Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 20

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Google Store slight_smile

I had an pop up flash up yesterday when I was downloading an app so clicked through and there was some in stock. I'd been waiting for stock so ordered immediately without a moment hesitation. 10 mins later they were out of stock again 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 20

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

I wonder how many like that are floating around? Smiley LOL

Hopefully not too many 😞

Currently using:
Message 15 of 20

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Google Store slight_smile

I had an pop up flash up yesterday when I was downloading an app so clicked through and there was some in stock. I'd been waiting for stock so ordered immediately without a moment hesitation. 10 mins later they were out of stock again 😞

Heck and danm and all things horrible, I don't allow pop ups on my pc so didn't see that.

I checked yesterday too and it showed out of stock! slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 16 of 20

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Hope you get it delivered as soon as!

I think you need to keep checking perksie!:smileysad:

Message 17 of 20

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I'm not in a rush really so I can wait, I am just feeling the need for a larger screen now! slight_smile

Message 18 of 20

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

I'm not in a rush really so I can wait, I am just feeling the need for a larger screen now! slight_smile

...or bigger glasses!Smiley Very Happy

Message 19 of 20

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I think I was just lucky at being on at the right time. I had already checked stock earlier in the day and wasn't showing any. I'm not expecting it to arrive quickly, from what I've heard it can take some time....

Currently using:
Message 20 of 20