cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems receiving messages on samsumg phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had no problems linking my phone up to fb and setting it to receive fb messages etc..it's been working fine.Now i am suddenly not having anything from fb sent to me yet everything has been set up and double checked

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Seesmic can be good, I like the fact you can add Facebook and Twitter into one app, but overall I found Friendcaster to be the best for FB.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The facebook app for android is complete cr*p and will only send notifications when it feels like it. If you want a more reliable app search for "Friendcaster" on Play store.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

You haven't changed your password on the main facebook page?

Have to agree with MI5, it is a terrible App.

Message 3 of 11

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's truly awful but strangely enough there was an update today and I actually received a notificationSmiley Surprised

Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

It's truly awful but strangely enough there was an update today and I actually received a notificationSmiley Surprised

Did it tell you not to use it?

I found out that it was the cause for all my Battery issues/lock outs.

Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have changed the password on my main facebook account recently yeah..i have sat here and tried everything tonight and still no luck

Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Unless any of your "trying" involves reprogramming the app you're wasting your time wink

Currently using:
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

It has suddenly started pushing them through at last slight_smile

Message 8 of 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
If you want a more reliable app search for "Friendcaster" on Play store.

On your recommendation I'm giving that one a try, I was using Seesmic but that isn't too brilliant either.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Seesmic can be good, I like the fact you can add Facebook and Twitter into one app, but overall I found Friendcaster to be the best for FB.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11