Did you mean: 

Problem

Annieg
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Morning Guy's,

I have a Samsung Galaxy s20 and it will not keep its connection with my wifi!!Every 2 minutes im having to reconnect to then get a message 'connection cannot be authenticated' it is driving me mental, good job i have a laptop lol, thanks in advance for any help, btw, ive tried resetting it and all that jazz and nothing is working! 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Annieg 

Have you tried forgetting the connection on your phone and then rebooting your router before trying to connect again?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Annieg
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes , done all that!! rofl

More info
More info

Message 3 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
There is anecdotal talk of a fix on the below Samsung forum:
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S20/Samsung-s20-ultra-dropping-WiFi-connection-constantly...
Apparently changing to a 5Ghz WiFi connection resolved on persons problems.
Someone else has reported fixing the issue by manually changing the MAC address of their phone (an alternative WiFi ID number).
Finally someone else set a static IP address and that seemed to fix their issue.
I would also check if there is an update due for the phone and the router in case the issue is at that end.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 6

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @Annieg just checking if you are still having trouble with this or have you sorted this out?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 6

Annieg
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes same prob, have tried all the above and had help from o2 but they're not offering anything more than a reset fgs!
Message 6 of 6