Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help with an upgrade.

Phina
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I upgraded my phone last week from a pixel 2 to a pixel 6, I don't know if I'm being extra thick but I can't find any information on what to do now. My new phone is sitting in its box, unused. When I've upgraded in the past there's been links, texts, instruction packs to guide you through. I'm presuming I've got to remove the SIM from my old phone & put it into my new phone but I don't know. I've searched the O2 page but still can't see any information. Can someone help me? 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35225 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

If you purchased this as an upgrade, just move the nano SIM from your Pixel 2 to your Pixel 6, and away you go, @Phina.

If it fails to give you a connection, it may be because of a shipping bar on the new phone, call O2 to have it removed. 

Also you may find you have a new sim in the pack, offering you 5G (your old SIM was probably only 4G), but ask O2 for that - O2’s customer service team are on 202  or 0344 809 0202 from around 08:15am today. Or reach out to O2 social media team, links just below this reply.

Good luck - my Pixel 4a has a year to go before I can move to the Pixel 6, looks to be a good phone!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
  • 35225 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

If you purchased this as an upgrade, just move the nano SIM from your Pixel 2 to your Pixel 6, and away you go, @Phina.

If it fails to give you a connection, it may be because of a shipping bar on the new phone, call O2 to have it removed. 

Also you may find you have a new sim in the pack, offering you 5G (your old SIM was probably only 4G), but ask O2 for that - O2’s customer service team are on 202  or 0344 809 0202 from around 08:15am today. Or reach out to O2 social media team, links just below this reply.

Good luck - my Pixel 4a has a year to go before I can move to the Pixel 6, looks to be a good phone!

Message 2 of 4

Phina
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your help. I put my old SIM in & got it working but found my new SIM in my two year old daughter's bag 🤣. All good now, just waiting on final bits. It's an amazing phone, I can't wait to get outside with the camera.

Message 3 of 4

pgn
  • 35225 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

You're welcome, @Phina! There are quite a few Community members who are into sharing their phone-captured snaps, maybe some of yours could make an appearance. 👍

Message 4 of 4