cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel XL on either O2 and EE

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi community 

With the Note 8 not realistically coming out until at least Sept and coming the end of my contract, it is time to think of my next phatlet.   Hence, I am looking at both the Pixel XL monthly deals under both networks. 

Not easy ploughing through the marketing :  here are my latest thoughts

• Is 4G+ and HD calls worth moving over to EE
  • coverage and download speeds - they both use different frequencies for  4G so  there are pros and cons.... in each 
  • added extras such as  outdoors wifi 
  • Neither has visual voicemail 
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
You get hd voice on o2 and 4g+ in some areas too.
O2 wifi coverage seems better than EE but on balance EE has better coverage and faster data speeds overall.
However you should check in the areas you use your phone the most as it's all personal.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Really it's what you really want to have & need that's the deciding factor but make sure that one of the networks gives you good coverage in your area to be worthwhile 

Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 thanks for a great response.  You echoed my thinking. 

Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous Really it's what you really want to have & need that's the deciding factor but make sure that one of the networks gives you good coverage in your area to be worthwhile 

Yes, I agree @Anonymous I think I will give EE ago - the only downside is there are less reasons to particpate on this forum.  Had some great tips over the years on here inc getting a TMobile sim when I was in LA in the summer. Ah that reminds me EE has a "Roam like Home" on some of it's plans. 

Message 5 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous you really DON'T need to be an O2 customer to participate on this forum. We have many members who moved to different networks and still post here and are very welcome. If you move to EE it matters not a jot. Issues with phones are pretty universal and not always network related.....Look forward to hearing from you....whatever network you choose. Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 17

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
Yes, for sure, you're always welcome here mate.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Yes, for sure, you're always welcome here mate.

And there speaks the guy who is with 3 different networks....Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 17

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
Exactly slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 9 of 17

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Whatever your chosen option you will always be welcome here. We have a few members who are with EE who contribute here because we are such lovable people LOL

Message 10 of 17