Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 6 WiFi and Bluetooth toggles off and on

AlRowelmd
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Recently got a pixel 6. Love the phone. But the WiFi and Bluetooth randomly toggle off and on again, no set pattern, whenever they like. I've now used all my data because of this issue, and can't use Bluetooth headphones as they constantly disconnect and connect. I've messed with all the settings I can, factory reset, and nothing. It does seem to be an issue with a number of users, however my wife has the same phone and does not have this issue?? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@AlRowelmd 

Quite a lot of reported software bugs for your phone which need updates rolling out to fix.

Reach out to Google to check their progress.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35222 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

To add to @MI5's answer, the Google Pixel Troubleshooting steps are here, @AlRowelmd - best of luck, my Pixel 4a may stay with me for a while yet I think 😉

Message 3 of 6

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi, @AlRowelmd. Have you managed to resolve this issue yet? If so, please let us know how you did it. 

It'll be useful for anyone else who may come across your topic with a similar issue. Thanks 😊.

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 4 of 6

AlRowelmd
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Still nothing yet. Reaching out to Google is a dead end. Next stop is to o2 for a replacement. Phone is near unuseable switching between WiFi and data. 

Message 5 of 6

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35222 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Sorry to hear that, @AlRowelmd.

A quick search shows this, which I have yet to read fully to get an idea if there is a workaround. Seems Google Pixel 6 problems abound, and Google has yet to acknowledge this one!

It does sound, after reading that, like you may need to pursue return to manufacturer, as the March fix has not helped. Rolling back to the November patch may help some, but you are phone corner repair shop territory there, @AlRowelmd - which would likely invalidate warranty from Google.

Message 6 of 6