Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 3a

Chefchambi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Wondering if O2 will get the Pixel 3a and if yes when? have to renew my contract and EE has it. 

Looks fab btw. Finally, a brand nailing the basics! 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

If O2 are getting it, it will be in the coming soon page https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/coming-soon

Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
@Chris_K will know but be aware that wifi calling may not be working on O2 if they do have it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

BOSSGOGG
Level 8: Talented
  • 384 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Slightly OT , but is anyone actually interested in the 3a / XL?

£469 for such a low quality device seems excessive. ( Although that's Google business model so far. ) It's bad when even I am not considering buying one to try.:)

And it would be crazy for O2 to stock them and not offer a basic service like WiFi calling.

unnamed
Message 4 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Apparently it's the best Google phone so far but I find they just don't have all the features or capability of Samsung or, wash my mouth out, the iPhone. 

Message 5 of 9

CliveC
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I can confirm that WiFi calling does not work on o2 on this device currently. I bought one from Argos SIM free and put my o2 SIM card in it. No WiFi calling, not even settings for it. After a few calls to CS and a conversation with Google support I can confirm it won't work until officially supported by o2. After some googling I found a code to enable the settings but even then, it didn't work.

Doesn't matter greatly to me however, phone is great and worth every penny.
Message 6 of 9

CliveC
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update!

I had to go into Phone test hidden menu to enable this but it now works.

1. Type *#*#4636#*#* into the call app keypad.
2. In the window that pops up select phone info.
3. At the bottom of the page enable VoLTE provisioning and WiFi calling provisioning, then close the app.
4. Go to phone app settings, under calls enable WiFi calling and set preferred to either mobile or WiFi, whatever you prefer.

I have tested this and if I get a call when at home it comes up indicating that it's a WiFi call, also if you drag the notification shade down to show all toggles it shows "O2-UK WiFi calling" at the bottom.

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your post @Chefchambi @CliveC 

Welcome to the O2 community Welcome

Message 8 of 9

BOSSGOGG
Level 8: Talented
  • 384 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Great stuff. Thanks for the update.@clivec