Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

BBD
Level 1: Joiner

Re: Ping - Pong -Trying to get phone unlocked

Hi - thats correct

• Pay monthly contract with o2 taken through mobiles.co.uk (part of Carphone Warehouse)
  • Contract ended several months ago
  • I want to move to another network using same phone

• The works in another phone
  • My phone still works on o2 - costing me a fortune as now out of contract........
  • Samsung checked phone over and not blocked and working perfectly

After speaking with OFCOM they advised me to contact the Communications Ombudsman who have opened a case file.  I've been inotuch with o2 one last time to try and get the ,matter resolved before the Ombudsman steps in.

Fingers crossed this can be resolved

Level 42: Skillful

Phones ordered through a 3rd party are usually supplied unlocked to start with, so not sure why the new sim does not work.
Do you get any messages on screen when you put the new sim in @BBD or does it just not work (no signal)?
The phone should be able to see the bands used by the new network so really confused by this...
Now using the LG V30.

Previously: LG G4, Sony Z1, HTC Sensation XE, Samsung Omnia i900
Try the Tech Galaxy Note 4
Try the Tech Lumia 640LTE and Microsoft Band
Topics: 688

[ Edited ]

@BBD

Just to clarify, (unless it's been 'lost in translation') have you actually tried another sim in the phone from any other network except O2? If so, what network sim are you using?

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 534
Solutions: 11,467

@Cleoriff wrote:

@BBD

Just to clarify, (unless it's been 'lost in translation') have you actually tried another sim in the phone from any other network except O2? If so, what network sim are you using?

A new sim has been tried which the phone accepts but gives "no service".

As the phone has been checked out and has been given a clean bill of health, the only other plausible explanation is that the "new" sim is faulty of not activated.

The phone is already unlocked or else the "new" sim would not have been accepted by the phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Topics: 688

@MI5 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@BBD

A new sim has been tried which the phone accepts but gives "no service".

As the phone has been checked out and has been given a clean bill of health, the only other plausible explanation is that the "new" sim is faulty of not activated.

The phone is already unlocked or else the "new" sim would not have been accepted by the phone.

Yes...so they should try another new sim just in case this one is faulty. ..

*The Game Is On*

Highlighted
Topics: 534
Solutions: 11,467

Correct, as I've tried to explain.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)