Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ping - Pong -Trying to get phone unlocked

BBD
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - I have been trying for the last 2 weeks to get my mobile, a Samsung, unlocked.  I am moving to a different network as my contract has with o2 has ended. 

The issue seems to be that I took my o2 contract out via a third party and o2 and the third party are playing ping pong with me - I am biyncing between the 2 of them as they insisit it is the others responsibility to unlock the phone.

I have emaliled the form, spoken with live chat a couple of times and finally today I spoke with a real o2 person who was very helpful.  She spoke with the third party on my behalf and is going to go back to o2 back office and try and get this resolved.................

Any one else had problems like this?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

BBD
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - thats correct

• Pay monthly contract with o2 taken through mobiles.co.uk (part of Carphone Warehouse)
  • Contract ended several months ago
  • I want to move to another network using same phone

• The works in another phone
  • My phone still works on o2 - costing me a fortune as now out of contract........
  • Samsung checked phone over and not blocked and working perfectly

After speaking with OFCOM they advised me to contact the Communications Ombudsman who have opened a case file.  I've been inotuch with o2 one last time to try and get the ,matter resolved before the Ombudsman steps in.

Fingers crossed this can be resolved

Message 11 of 16

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Phones ordered through a 3rd party are usually supplied unlocked to start with, so not sure why the new sim does not work.
Do you get any messages on screen when you put the new sim in @BBD or does it just not work (no signal)?
The phone should be able to see the bands used by the new network so really confused by this...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 12 of 16

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122373 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@BBD

Just to clarify, (unless it's been 'lost in translation') have you actually tried another sim in the phone from any other network except O2? If so, what network sim are you using?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 16

MI5
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@BBD

Just to clarify, (unless it's been 'lost in translation') have you actually tried another sim in the phone from any other network except O2? If so, what network sim are you using?

A new sim has been tried which the phone accepts but gives "no service".

As the phone has been checked out and has been given a clean bill of health, the only other plausible explanation is that the "new" sim is faulty of not activated.

The phone is already unlocked or else the "new" sim would not have been accepted by the phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122373 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@BBD

A new sim has been tried which the phone accepts but gives "no service".

As the phone has been checked out and has been given a clean bill of health, the only other plausible explanation is that the "new" sim is faulty of not activated.

The phone is already unlocked or else the "new" sim would not have been accepted by the phone.

Yes...so they should try another new sim just in case this one is faulty. ..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 16

MI5
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Correct, as I've tried to explain.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 16