Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ping - Pong -Trying to get phone unlocked

BBD
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - I have been trying for the last 2 weeks to get my mobile, a Samsung, unlocked.  I am moving to a different network as my contract has with o2 has ended. 

The issue seems to be that I took my o2 contract out via a third party and o2 and the third party are playing ping pong with me - I am biyncing between the 2 of them as they insisit it is the others responsibility to unlock the phone.

I have emaliled the form, spoken with live chat a couple of times and finally today I spoke with a real o2 person who was very helpful.  She spoke with the third party on my behalf and is going to go back to o2 back office and try and get this resolved.................

Any one else had problems like this?

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@BBD I think we have already established that the phone is unlocked.

If you are not getting a signal the phone is either faulty or barred.

If barred, it is useless and can not be un-barred unless it was barred in error, but they are mostly barred for being reported lost or stolen and then claimed for on insurance.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@BBD I will tag our community admin @EmilieT and @Marjo, but as the issue is already with O2's back office, I'm not really sure if there's anything they can do. If anyone else gets involved it may just cloud the problem.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 16

BBD
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks - fingers crossed it will be sorted - will keep you posted slight_smile

Message 3 of 16

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@BBD have you tried a different SIM? 

If the third party was cpw it will be unlocked already.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 16

BBD
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes but it doesn't show any network
Message 5 of 16

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If it accepts the SIM without any error messages it is unlocked. Not showing a signal is something else.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 16

BBD
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - my phone is still unlocked - I took it to a Samsung shop and they said o2 needs to sort this.  Not a word from o2 - I am so disappointed and frustrated.  Can anyone help me. 

Message 7 of 16

BBD
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just off the phone with o2 - I was told very bluntly that this is not an O2 issue and that it is impossible for them to unlock the phone.............  I really don't know what to do 

Message 8 of 16

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@BBD I think we have already established that the phone is unlocked.

If you are not getting a signal the phone is either faulty or barred.

If barred, it is useless and can not be un-barred unless it was barred in error, but they are mostly barred for being reported lost or stolen and then claimed for on insurance.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 16

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
So, just to confirm:
-you took out a pay monthly contract with o2, using a 3rd party (Carphone Warehouse or similar)?
-the contract has ended or will soon?
-you want to move to another network using the same phone?

Questions:
The SIM that you have - does that work in another phone?
Does your phone still work on the o2 network? (Either with your SIM or another that you know works)
Have you checked to see if your phone has been blocked (google checkmend or imeipro) - both will charge a fee, so this is probably the last thing to check (as you are the original owner and have presumably never reported it lost and/or stolen, it should only be there by mistake).

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 16