Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos disappear even when backed up and saves to device

tom_leather
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have a Nokia 6.2. all of my photos are both backed up through Google photos and saved to the device. I know that they are backed up as I can see them perfectly when I access Google photos through the Chrome browser. However when trying to view them through the Google photos app, or through my storage/files, many of them only display as a great box, and some display as a low quality fuzzy image.
Clearing all of them through the Google app storage then resets the app and they all display fully - however this is only a workable solution for when I am on WiFi. I cannot find an adequate way for me to view the photos when I am not on WiFi (and don't want to use my data allowance). All of the photos say that they are saved to my device, but still won't display unless I access them only through Google photos on the chrome app.

I went into an o2 store last week and the helpful staff spent an hour trying to help. They could find no solution and suggested a full factory reset which I did at home, with no improvement. I now cannot travel to a store for more help so need this solving. The store staff suggested that if the reset didn't work then the device would need to be sent off.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
I think google are archiving them some how when you archive them they disappear but still there
Message 2 of 2