cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not receiving calls/texts?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yesterday my phone was not receiving calls/texts? It's a Galaxy Y. I turned it off and on again and it was OK, why did this happen?

Before I turned it off I checked silent mode and aircraft mode and these were off.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Its quite possible that your sim card might be damaged. I have an old "on the blink" sim card where I have to soft reboot my phone but turning it off or removing the sim card while the phone is off and replacing it. 

I intend to very soon get a replacement sim and see if my phone responds better to this as its getting rather annoying when your phone drops off for awhile. 

A good temp fix is to remove your sim card and then place your sim card back in while the phone is off then restart your mobile. It works and for some people it will happen ocasionally with no cause for concern. 

See how it goes and then if you find its happen too often then it could be that your phone is damaged or your sim card is damaged. 

In my situation my phone tells me that I am in "no sim card mode" because my sim seems to not register with my phone after awhile. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Its quite possible that your sim card might be damaged. I have an old "on the blink" sim card where I have to soft reboot my phone but turning it off or removing the sim card while the phone is off and replacing it. 

I intend to very soon get a replacement sim and see if my phone responds better to this as its getting rather annoying when your phone drops off for awhile. 

A good temp fix is to remove your sim card and then place your sim card back in while the phone is off then restart your mobile. It works and for some people it will happen ocasionally with no cause for concern. 

See how it goes and then if you find its happen too often then it could be that your phone is damaged or your sim card is damaged. 

In my situation my phone tells me that I am in "no sim card mode" because my sim seems to not register with my phone after awhile. 

Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Just a glitch that can happen from time to time. If it persists get a new SIM as advised above....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's a new sim, but still might be a problem. Biggest problem is not knowing I wasn't getting calls!
Message 4 of 4