cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone doesn't ring when people call

Anonymous
Not applicable

Recently my samsung galaxy s5 doesn't seem to want to ring. People have been texting me to ask me why I'm not answering my phone when it hasn't even rang and when it does ring the caller will have to wait at least 6 or 7 rings before my phone rings. Butit doesnt happen all the time. Anyone got any ideas?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

is your software up to date? 

Also, have you checked if there is a mast near you? http://status.o2.co.uk/

Message 2 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

This might seem obvious, but have you tried rebooting your phone?

Also do the calls go to voicemail...or not come through at all?...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the Community Forum.

What you describe has happened before and I think can be put down to mast congestion.

Sometimes removing your SIM card and giving a clean can help.

Also swapping your SIM card out at any O2 shop can help too. The shop transfers your mobile number and tariff to a new SIM card. This process takes from a few minutes to approximately 24 hours to fully settle.

To test if the issue is O2 Voicemail perhaps turn it off by dialling 1760 and see if calls come through as they should. You can turn it back in via 1750.

Let us know how you get on.
Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Most likely a network issue.
Typically these type of glitch's cure themselves after a while.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been getting this problem for several months now. The ironic thing is that whenever it's a spam call (PPI, free boiler, blah, blah) it always rings but when my wife tries to call me, nothing. She says it rings from her end and then goes to voicemail. All I get is a missed call alert text. This happens all over the place, so I don't think it's mast related. I've rebooted, cleaned the sim, etc

I was wondering if it coincided with me getting an upgrade to 4G recently?

I've not been too bothered up until now but am getting increasingly annoyed about it.

Anyone get to the bottom of this?

TIA

Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Is it every time the wife calls?
Check that you haven't accidentally added her number to your blocked list etc.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did check the reject list just in case I'd accidentally added her but no, not in the list.

I would add it's not all the time. About 1 time in 4 it will ring. My location doesn't seem to matter - at home, in town, walking the dog in the woods - sometimes it rings, sometimes it doesn't.

I can live with it as I don't hugely rely on the phone but just curious about the cause.

Thanks for replying.

Message 9 of 13

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Other things to check are putting your sim in a different phone as a process of checking if it is a sim or phone fault.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 13