cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone connects to o2 wifi in pub but nothing else.

jonah107
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Help.  I've recently changed phones from Galaxy S3 to A8 but kept the same sim card.  Now when I go to various pubs where I used to connect to 02 wifi, I have a problem.  My phone shows the 02 wifi then tells me I'm connected but that is as far as I can go.  If I try to look at the weather app or use a browser I'm told I'm not connected to the web and before the pub chain web site used to pop up and welcome me back but nothing happens now..

I gather from looking around that it's because I'm using the same number on a different phone and O2 recognises that number with a different phone. (IMIE or MAC number or something.  Apparently I need to de-register the old phone from O2 but have no idea how to  do this.  Any help please.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Type 1.0.0.0 into the browser then click on your name.
Select "not you" and it will log you out. You should then be able to re-register.
If this fails, call customer services to delete your wifi profile so you can re-register again.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

jonah107
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you kind sir.  I'm jujst a bit puzzled though, if I'm not on the net surely it wont recognise what I type in my browser.

Thanks again.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It should load that landing page, but if not, CS can delete your account anyway.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

How do I remove devices from my account?

Follow these steps:

1. Go to o2wifi.co.uk/my

2. Set up an account if you haven't already.

3. Sign in with the email and password you picked.

4. Go to Manage my devices.

5. Remove the old device.

You'll have to add the device to your account again if you want to use it with O2 Wifi.

Message 5 of 6

jonah107
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks but I forgot to mention one thing - I only use O2 wifi, I am not an O2 account holder.  Well I am now since the problem but I have no phone registered with them.  I have now ordered an O2 sim PAYG and if I can't solve the problem, I'll use the new number.

Many thanks.

Message 6 of 6