cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone broke 3 weeks into contract!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I really hope someone can advise me on what to do.

My partner and myself took out new contracts approx 6 weeks ago.  Partner has the sony z1. 2 weeks into contract the charger port clip has broken so went in store where they sent it off for repair.  Phone was back a few days later to find it was still broke!  So sent back off for repair.  Went to collect phone and on inspection found it was still not right, the clip would not close flush meaning the phone would let in water and dust.  

The O2 advisor spoke with other colleagues and I was told he would be recieving a new phone.  He had a phone call today to collect it, when he did they gave him a reconditioned phone.  

Is this right?  I know the t&c's state it will be replaced with a reconditioned phone but given that the problems occured within the first 2 weeks and it was sent off for repair twice do I have the right to a brnad new handset?  To me the phone wasnt fit for purpose and all they hav done is given me a second hand phone that was broke adn now repaired, doesnt seem good enough to me.  I will be expected to pay for the remainder of this contract with a second hand phone!!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

If the phone remains unfixed with the same issue after x3 they do replace the handset and can be a refurb.

These are normally in mint condition and sometimes have new screens and housings on them.

If an issue had started before 14 working days of you taking the handset then they would have issued you a new replacement phone.

Edit to add link :

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

If the phone remains unfixed with the same issue after x3 they do replace the handset and can be a refurb.

These are normally in mint condition and sometimes have new screens and housings on them.

If an issue had started before 14 working days of you taking the handset then they would have issued you a new replacement phone.

Edit to add link :

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
Refurbs aren't always second hand. I've had many over the years and had no problems with them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sony mobile phones are best repaired by Sony themselves, they really do look after there customers when there is a warranty issue.

I do find Sony & also Nokia do have the best back up & repair network when something goes wrong with a handset.

Message 4 of 4