Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Re-Booting after Upgrade

Poplarman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Last night my S7 Galaxy Edge performed an upgrade. Now it keep re-booting every few minutes. I've tried Reset settings, didn't help,

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Poplarman
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Yes, it's working again now.

I guess the reboot occurred around 20 times before it stabilised and now stays on. Another guess is that there was some unfinished Upgrade still running in the background which eventually finished.

I had no need to Reset to Factory.

Thank you

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122136 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

Hi @Poplarman

See if this helps

1. Press and hold the Power key.
  2. When Samsung Galaxy S7 logo appears, release the Power key and immediately hold the volume down key.
  3. Continue holding the Volume Down key until it finishes its rebooting.
  4. When “Safe mode” appears on the screen immediately release the Volume Down key.

All info in this article here https://thedroidguy.com/2018/04/fix-samsung-galaxy-s7-keeps-shutting-rebooting-update-troubleshootin...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 143190 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions
You may need to perform a factory reset after a firmware upgrade.
Hold home, power and volume up all together until you see Samsung on screen then when the boot menu loads up use the volume keys to select factory reset and press the power key to perform.
Note, this will wipe the phone of any personal details or files and you will need to know your google account details to sign in.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Poplarman, are the issues with your S7 Galaxy Edge sorted now? Let us know if the advice above helped slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 9

Poplarman
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Yes, it's working again now.

I guess the reboot occurred around 20 times before it stabilised and now stays on. Another guess is that there was some unfinished Upgrade still running in the background which eventually finished.

I had no need to Reset to Factory.

Thank you

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143190 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions
Good news as that saved you a bunch of hassle.
I've never known one reboot that many times before though, but glad it's all sorted.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122136 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

Pleased to hear it's working now @Poplarman wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 9

Poplarman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Okay, back again. Although much more stable I still get irregular self-restarts. An O2 Guru has forced the Android update again but still getting restarts.
Visit to Guru booked for tomorrow where I expect phone will get a master reset.
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

It would be the next logical step I'm afraid. Make sure it's all backed up before you go.

Message 9 of 9