cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Locked (you do not have permission to perform this action)

tomt
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My phone has been locked when i try to use some apps and cant change most settings on my phone and wifi wont work as it keeps saying ( you do not have permission to perform this action. Contact your Organisations IT administrator for more information) its not a buisness phone. what can i do to unlock my phone again to full working order.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@tomt 

You must have an app installed that is controlling those settings.

If you can't get in to change the settings, you may have to do a factory reset to remove it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

tomt
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have deleted all apps off the phone to see if it would work but no luck. I cant do a factory reset because it come up with the i do not have permission message.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@tomt 

Can you get into the bootloader to reset?

https://www.howtogeek.com/249439/how-to-enter-androids-bootloader-and-recovery-environments/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4