Did you mean: 

PUK code and NCK code

JN-1234
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Previously, I had a phone contract with O2 for my Samsung S7. Once the contract had ended I had taken up a new SIM contract with Virgin. O2 had sent me the NCK code (unlatching code) when I contacted them but it does not work after 2 attempts. I had contacted O2's customer services, who had asked me to enter it the 3rd time and the phone is now locked and is asking for a PUK code. O2's customer services teams do not know what to do and I had called them countless time.  My phone is still locked after 4 months and I am still unable to use it to make any calls. I am very frustrated. I had used the method suggested in the forum to use a Pay as GO sim card to obtain the PUK code. In order to enter the PUK code into my phone, I had to insert the Virgin sim card in order to bring up the application that asked me to enter the PUK code but it does not work. 

Question, may I know under which application in my phone that I could assess the area that I could enter the PUK code when an O2 sim card is in to unfreeze my phone. And than I could enter the NCK when the  Virgin simcard is in it. For technically my phone is not locked with an O2 sim card but only locked when a virgin sim card is in it. Please advise.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

JN-1234
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Emillie,

I did not receive your private message. Please could you contact me via personal my email to resolve the issue?

Thanks

Regards

Message 11 of 16

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I'm sorry to hear you didn't get my Message @JN-1234  worried 

Unfortunately I can only contact you on the forum directly, and not via your personal email address. I've resent you a Message and in order to read it and reply to it simply click on Messages as shown below, on the top right section of the page:

Screenshot 2019-03-06 at 08.30.23.png

Looking forward to hear from you slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 12 of 16

JN-1234
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dear All,

Just to let all of you know that my issue is now resolved. Emilie had kindly chased up her Executive Relations team to provide a solution for me. They had given me a refurbished S9 phone as a replacement as my own can't be unfrozen and unlocked. The new phone is now working. Hence, I am now happy with the solution after more than 4 months of torment and agonies. Lots of phone calls to O2, Virgin, Samsung, gone down to Samsung's shop and also a complaint letter to O2's complaint review services. Hitting brick walls wherever I turned to.

Therefore, I would like to say a big THANK YOU to Emilie who had helped tremendously in resolving the whole issue or else nothing moves without her help. She is a STARstar

Thanks a million, Emilie.

Best Regards

Joanne

Message 13 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Good news and as I suggested in my first response to you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 16

JN-1234
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, I know MI5. Thanks for the solution. But the problem that I had was that I was unable to speak to anyone who is in authority who could really help me. I could only get through to the Customer Services team who were hopeless. I had requested to speak to their manager many times. But either the manager refuses to speak to me and /or the customer service individual refuses to put me through to her. I could hear her telling the customer service individual who was serving me to ask me to just wait for the NCK code and everything will be resolved. Which I had informed them many times (as the same code was being sent to me many times) that it does not work. They just refused to listen. That was my frustration and torment. I was at my wits' end until my husband spotted the "O2 Community" forum when I told him about other mobile network providers' forums on PUK and NCK codes that I had found.  

Therefore without Emilie's help, nothing moves. And that the reason that I have to say a big "Thank you" to her.

Message 15 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
We understand your frustrations with the Muppets, believe me wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 16