Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P30 pro new edition WiFi calling

Bunks
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have just got a p30 pro new edition. I cannot activate WiFi calling. On my EE sim WiFi calling will work but I cannot find the option on O2 and my EE sim is now deactivated. I have checked with O2 and they say WiFi calling is enabled on my account. They weren't particularly helpful, seemed like they didn't know, anyone any ideas?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Bunks 

If it has been activated by O2 you need to go to your MyO2 and turn it on there. It's under "More"

You then need to reboot your phone to get the settings in either calls or network settings.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Bunks
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@MI5. Thanks.for the quick reply. Just checked and it is turned on. It does also state this too "On some Android devices, Wifi and 4G Calling will only work if you’re using O2 firmware. That’s essentially the software that makes your device turn on and run. Sometimes there are different versions of firmware for the same device." How do I know if I'm using O2 firmware?
Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

O2 firmware is not required for your phone @Bunks 

As long as it is a UK phone, it will work.

Give it 24 hours and reboot again and check.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

Bunks
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello. It's still not working and I have reset the device several times. I'm going to call customer services as the phone just doesn't seem to have the option for WiFi calling. I can't work it out!
Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

I'd question if it really was active on your account @Bunks 

What phone does it say you have in your MyO2?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Bunks
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Sorry not sure how I tell what phone I have on my O2. Where do I find it @MI5?
They've just reset my account and got me to reset my phone network settings but it's still the same
Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Just beneath your phone number @Bunks 

device.PNG

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

Bunks
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Arh. Well mine doesn't have a device name under my number. When I click on the number it then goes to the next screen which has my old O2 number not the ported in number. I assume O2 have messed up somewhere? Thanks @MI5

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Yes, that could well be the problem @Bunks 

Get them to rectify that first.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10