cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oneplus 3T Midnight Black same IMEI number for 2 sim slots

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Oneplus 3T in Midnight Black that has the same IMEI number for 2 sim slots. Surely this is a problem. This violates the GSM Standard. I asked Oneplus and they said this is not supposed to be like that. 

Any help?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Just checked mine, both are the same. Don't think it's a fault
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 11 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

My Samsung dual sim has two different IMEI numbers.... The numbers I have hidden are different too

20170505_102823.png

*#06# also brings up two IMEI numbers 

#justsayin 

[Updated: changing image size to medium]

Message 12 of 25

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

Screenshot_20170505-054517_01.pngSee, mine is the same for both SIM slots. 

Surely if you loss the phone, you only have to block one imei.  Are you saying that you'd have to have to blocked on your Samsung. Very odd, as you could have a situation where only one sim slot is blocked if you don't know both imei codes and O2 can only find the one there sim was in...

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 13 of 25

MI5
  • 143408 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Strange that one plus would go against convention and even stranger that they told the op that their phone was wrong!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Google goes crazy, stating that I have changed my number and sets it as the three UK sim (my second sim) In addition, I cannot call my three UK number from my landline or my friend's phone. It goes straight to voice mail. One plus told me that this should not happen. I also sometimes do not receive calls on my o2 sim as well. I put the sims to my backup phone the Huawei Honor 5x and it works again. 

Message 15 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know it's weird! 2 IMEI numbers are more difficult to block in case of loss or theft. My friend just brought a oneplus 3t midnight black and he has 2 IMEI numbers for his. Both imei numbers are different, the last couple of digits that is. 

I'm confused, is it meant to be this way or what?

Message 16 of 25

MI5
  • 143408 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I've had many dual sim phones and they have all had 2 IMEI numbers.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just contacted o2 customer services and told me that it is normal and that the IMEI numbers should be the same since the sim slots are for the same phone.

Also contacted oneplus and they told me that this isn't normal and must contact o2 for a replacement.

So. who should I believe and what should I do? 

Message 18 of 25

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143408 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Personally, I would believe one plus......

Currently using:
Message 20 of 25