cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oneplus 3T Midnight Black same IMEI number for 2 sim slots

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Oneplus 3T in Midnight Black that has the same IMEI number for 2 sim slots. Surely this is a problem. This violates the GSM Standard. I asked Oneplus and they said this is not supposed to be like that. 

Any help?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Odd, I've not had a problem with mine, and both SIM slots have the same imei. I'll be interested in hearing the outcome of this. Perhaps this could be a wide spread issue ?
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 21 of 25

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey guys I'm going to ask for clarification on how many IMEI numbers this handset should have. I'll update the this thread once I have an update. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 22 of 25

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey guys I've received a response about the dual sim IMEI number question. 

The OnePlus device reporting only one IMEI is not a fault. An IMEI is essentially a serial number that helps us identify the device on our network and systems. Each SIM slot however will have a unique IMSI number – this is what’s needed for both SIMs to function as expected. Having 1 IMEI as opposed to 2 will not alter or limit the functionality of your device compared to one which reports two separate IMEI, but with just one IMEI it does help us to limit potential fraud and abuse on the O2 network.

I hope that clears it up but if there are any further questions please let me know wink

Edit: @Anonymous

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 23 of 25

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Thanks for that.

Makes sence as if only one sim slot is used, and barred, someone could just swap to the other slot. Least this way, both slots are barred if lost.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 24 of 25

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

No worries @Curr946! Good to have clarification on this in case anyone thinks it's a fault down the line. slight_smile

signature

Message 25 of 25