cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh what to do! Samsung + Kies + windows 8 = Failure

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried everything, scoured the internet, checked blogs. Contacted Samsung on numerous occassions, rang their support line they stated that some one would call me within 3 days, I'm still waiting for that call over 2 week later. Chatted with 02 person last night, still no further on asked, what can I do, told "is there anything else I can help you with" frustration. All I want is a phone to do what the manufacturers say it will do. I'm now considering the sale of goods act, fit for purpose, terminating my contract and going to another supplier who can service the contract.... no one wants to know...

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Captain,

Sorry to tell you but it's like what MI5 has already told you Samsung KIES has nothing to do with o2, this is all down to Samsung end of. All o2 does is send their updates out over a 3rd party software nothing more or nothing less, o2 also sends any updates OTA, now this way if there is a problem then it's up to o2 to sort it.

The thing is that as you can't get any joy from Samsung you now decide to have a pop at o2, which has been stated several times KIES is nothing to do with o2, it's Samsung's kit.

I think I'm able to say what I have above due to the fact that like you I have been banging my head against a brickwall with Samsung over KIES ever since I updated my gear to Windows 8, look here:-

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Samsung-Kies-amp-Windows-8-A-fix/td-p/...

I still trying to get it sorted and I've had KIES Support Team on the phone several times already and it still not working lol. I even give them control over my desk/lap top's and they still could not sort it out so they carried out some test and have sent the logs to Samsung HQ and I was told I will here from them when they have a fix, 2 weeks and still waiting. Samsung are aware of this problem.

iechyd da

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I fail to see how it's O2's fault TBH. Understand that you have an issue with Kies (owned by Samsung) but there are many other alternatives to Kies. What are you trying to do that you are currently been prevented from doing ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Firstly, O2 are the supplier of the service and the goods, ultimately they are responsible as far as the law is concerned. Secoundly, I have a galaxy GT-I8150 with Gingerbread XXLMB, I have downloaded the latest Kies software from the samsung website site. The pc op is windows 8 64 bit, once software loaded and running you connect the phone message telling you, "device not supported in Kies 2". Kies has been unistalled, installed and opened in different compatibility modes, the phone has even had a hard reset, cleaned back to basics. I bought the phone to sync with MS Outlook it did that initialy with a few problems along the way in Vista.  So if you have any suggestions to get the phone to work on Windows 8 I would be more than happy to receive them, Samsung haven't a clue and O2 gurus are scratching their heads, I been to them all and nobody wants to knows. Thanks....

Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You're wrong about it been O2's problem but we'll argue that one all day. Meanwhile use this programme https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fjsoft.myphoneexplorer.client&feature=search_resul...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your help, but doesn't work with the GT-I8150 see link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fjsoft.myphoneexplorer.client&reviewId=bGc6QU9xcFR...

Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Have you actually tried it before dismissing it? The comment about it not working was left Oct 27 2012 and the app has since been updated. The last update was Dec 27 2012...?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did try it and it didn't work.......period.  The question I wanted to know was, "will Samsung be issuing a fix or update to their software to enable older phones, such as mine, to connect to Kies or does anyone have a solution to fixing the connection problem".  I have since spoken to an expert from Samsung today and they will be issuing a fix, when.........they don't know. I'll just have to resurrect the old Vista pc and back my details up to that......

Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Good luck.....

Currently using:
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Captain,

Sorry to tell you but it's like what MI5 has already told you Samsung KIES has nothing to do with o2, this is all down to Samsung end of. All o2 does is send their updates out over a 3rd party software nothing more or nothing less, o2 also sends any updates OTA, now this way if there is a problem then it's up to o2 to sort it.

The thing is that as you can't get any joy from Samsung you now decide to have a pop at o2, which has been stated several times KIES is nothing to do with o2, it's Samsung's kit.

I think I'm able to say what I have above due to the fact that like you I have been banging my head against a brickwall with Samsung over KIES ever since I updated my gear to Windows 8, look here:-

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Samsung-Kies-amp-Windows-8-A-fix/td-p/...

I still trying to get it sorted and I've had KIES Support Team on the phone several times already and it still not working lol. I even give them control over my desk/lap top's and they still could not sort it out so they carried out some test and have sent the logs to Samsung HQ and I was told I will here from them when they have a fix, 2 weeks and still waiting. Samsung are aware of this problem.

iechyd da

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

yep I have a galaxy, galaxayS2 and now a note 2  tried Kies on laptop windows 7 , net book windows 7. pc windows xpsp3  clened reinstalled checked reg for left overs reinstalled and it still isnt working so Samsung need to up their game O2 are not the sofware provider but I would be interested if they are able to as a large retailer of Samsung products to say to Samsung extractus digitus.

Message 10 of 13