cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh what to do! Samsung + Kies + windows 8 = Failure

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried everything, scoured the internet, checked blogs. Contacted Samsung on numerous occassions, rang their support line they stated that some one would call me within 3 days, I'm still waiting for that call over 2 week later. Chatted with 02 person last night, still no further on asked, what can I do, told "is there anything else I can help you with" frustration. All I want is a phone to do what the manufacturers say it will do. I'm now considering the sale of goods act, fit for purpose, terminating my contract and going to another supplier who can service the contract.... no one wants to know...

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

twit (love the handle)'

That is very odd as I never once had a problem with KIES and Windows 7, as stated it's only been since I updated to Windows 8 Pro, also got a new laptop and that is the same running windows 8 

iechyd da

Message 11 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144322 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
The biggest mistake people make with Kies is having USB debugging ticked when trying to connect. Also, patience is needed to allow sufficient time for the drivers to be loaded. Some aftermarket cables have also been known to give problems.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
MI5,
Aye that was the 1st thing I checked,am using the cable that came with the phone but as I've said not 1 of my Samsung devices are working as they should since Windows 8. It's a pain for sure but can live with it unless it stops me updating when o2 deem to push out 4.1.2 which is not looking good any time soon. lol
iechyd da
Message 13 of 13