Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 splash screen

pb56
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Had to perform a factory reset and the O2 splash screen no longer appears at start up or close down. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pb56 You could write it here on the community 

Message 11 of 19

pb56
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Got my Blackberry Motion in December through CarPhone Warehouse with an O2 contract and love it! My old number was ported over in under an hour.

The phone is good to look at and fits the hands well. It is robustly well built, water resistant and I preferred the larger screen on it to the KeyOne. It carries out things pretty fast and there is plent of storage. It is easy to use and adapt to your liking. The battery endurance is remarkable for a smart phone. I have never had to charge it after a day's use, usually charge up 2nd evening. I have now got the hang of Google and do use the back up service for photos, documents, calendar and contacts. (I couldn't find a simple way of syncing to MS Office Outlook on my PC). I have spent some time though on Google privacy settings.

I am not a 'techie' but to be honest I haven't found any problems with the BB Motion yet and am therefore a satisfied user and very glad to be back with Blackberry.

Question: why don't O2 have their own deals for this phone?

Message 12 of 19

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

If I remember correctly O2's support for Blackberry was withdrawn about 2 years ago. They don;t stock them at all @pb56

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 19

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@pb56 wrote:

Question: why don't O2 have their own deals for this phone?

O2 are only interested in the "popular" phones these days and aren't prepared to risk anything that isn't likely to be top of everyone's wish list.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 is all about Apple & Samsung now. They dropped HTC as well 

Message 15 of 19

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
and no Pixel which is a huge surprise to many 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’d thought they’d be the first to jump on that wagon but they didn’t 

Message 17 of 19

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

We all know that whoever decides O2's business strategy is off his/her trolley, I mean he/she decided that the Amazon phone would be an amazing addition to their range yet ignored the phones customers were crying out for.

I'm glad you're enjoying the Motion @pb56 and that battery life sounds amazing though admittedly, Microsoft doesn't play well with Android. At least, it doesn't play well for me! 

Message 18 of 19

pb56
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for all your comments- as far as Android and Microsoft sync @jonsie the Samsung J5 I had came with a desktop app called Smart Switch which synced Outlook contacts and calendars plus media very slickly indeed, rather quicker than BB Desktop did with my BB Classic. Not a reason to go back to a Samsung though!

Message 19 of 19