cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 = Worst Carrier Ever

Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont know where to start, intermittant signal, calls being sent straight to voicemail when ive got a full signal.  Spoke to customer services several times who are absolutely no use whatsoever.

Time to leave I think

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Have you checked your location on the status checker? status.o2.co.uk to see if there is any work currently being carried out in your area?
Message 2 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

You're free to go to any provider that will give you a better signal. If you are still in contract though, you can't just leave. You'll have to pay the remainder of however many months you have left.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes and that service is pointless as it says no issues and good indoors and outdoors.

I cant even blame my handset as ive had an iPhone and a HTC both with same issues and neighbours on o2 also have terrible service.

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

all I have to pay is the remainder that I owe on my handset to leave.

Message 5 of 10

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Assuming you are on a refresh tariff then yes all you need to do it pay off the outstanding balance on your handset, you are then free to leave by providing notice or requesting and using you PAC code
Message 6 of 10

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Yes, that's correct, but you have to cancel the airtime part as well. Be sure, if your phone is locked to O2, to get your phone unlocked before you cancel. The only way to accurately check what kind of signal you can get in the areas you frequent most is to try Pay & Go sims from each network.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am on refresh, but id also encourage anyone who isnt on that tarrif but recieving a poor or non existent service which contradicts what O2 tells them they should be getting to challenge for a contract termination under the Consumer Rights Act.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/problem/i-keep-losing-mobile-phone-signal-in-my-home-what-can...

Message 8 of 10

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Terminating a contract on those grounds is not a simple and straightforward process. It takes time, and there are many lengthy steps to go through in order to do that. I'm not saying that someone shouldn't pursue that method if they feel justified. I'm just saying you need to be aware of how long it may take.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As per Bambino's advice to unlock phone whilst still in contract - How to here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 10