Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Shocking Repair Centre

Mason2018
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Has anyone else had issues with the O2 Repair Centre? 

If you submit a device for repair, you would expect one of the following

1. The device is repaired (if under warrenty), or
  2. The device is returned to the customer in the same condition it was sent in

I orignially submitted my handset for repair due to black veritcal lines on the screen. These black lines only appeared when the device was in lock mode, once the device became active, these lines faded. The SIM tray was previously damaged but worked with the device as normal.

The repair centre confirmed the screen damage was made by the SIM tray, I disputed this and the device has been running perfectly for months. I asked if I could see an engineers report which would confirm how they identified their conclusion. I received nothing.

The cost of the repair was £120 however I was then told this wouldn't be a repair but a replacement device which was a refurb. Nautually I refused and the device was returned to me. 

Once the device was returned I found out I could no longer insert the SIM tray into the device and the screen display had received further damage? 

O2 Complaints Department have been made aware but simply told me what the engineers have said, nothing they can do. Shocking behavior from a company I purchased the device from, and still paying for infact. 

Don't use O2

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You are not alone I'm afraid.
One thing we always say on here is "never send to O2 for repairs" and if you do a quick search on here you will find hundreds of similar complaints.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9990 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

You arent entitled by law to a brand new handset, but one of same model or type if available, and a refurbished handset if over 30days is in my view perfectly acceptable..

You sent a handset into a repair centre, with a known fault as well as the one you declared. This with most repair centres is an instant "Do not repair" (trust me most manufacturers are the same) and will send it back.

A sim card tray can cause issues with the micro electronics in the device, all it needs to do is catch on the cable and it will cause a faulty screen.

To o2 to listen if the device was return in a worse condition, you will need to provide photographic evidence of before and after the device was sent away, or log a complaint using Resolver.co.uk

@MI5 you do realise that o2 use the same repair centre as the big handset manufacturers.(Samsung, Motorola,. Nokia, Apple).

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'm fully aware of who uses which repairers and also of the many, many complaints we get on here about Anovo.
There is no defending their tactics to have one over on the customer.
I do agree with the refurb status though as this is the industry norm.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4