cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Note 8 Pre Order Pricing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure what O2 are thinking with their pre order pricing on the Note 8. I bought the Note 7 last year and had to return it and have been waiting all year for this phone. Now it is officially on pre order I spoke to the upgrades team who have this phone valued at £953 lol even Argos has it listed at £869 WTF, not only this for the exact same tarif that I am currently paying £15.39 for I would have to pay £30 for the same deal.

What a complete load of nonsence, O2 you need to sorth this out, you have just lost a customer. I have now purchased direct with samsung £869 and interest free credit for 24 months. Saving me over £400 on buying from O2. Will now decide if I keep my contract with O2 or switch networks as my new phone will be unlocked slight_smile

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Gsdworld21 wrote:
I decided after last year having to return the note7 twice I wouldn't pre order the note8. I actually ordered it today. Handset works out to 24 x £33 = £792 with £29.99 upfront. I think this is an OK price really

I can think of more useful things to spend £832 on. Smiley Indifferent

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 11 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@Gsdworld21 wrote:
I decided after last year having to return the note7 twice I wouldn't pre order the note8. I actually ordered it today. Handset works out to 24 x £33 = £792 with £29.99 upfront. I think this is an OK price really

I can think of more useful things to spend £832 on. Smiley Indifferent

The prices make me shudder. Though I expect the new iPhone will cost more than that....(and that's the last time I will be mentioning THAT launch).....Grumpy Bow

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 15

Gsdworld21
Level 3: Thinker
  • 103 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Apart from the fingerprint positioning it looks amazing. I've gone for the gold colour. We love our notes on here lol 😂 can't wait. Next stop..... Note 10 lol
Message 13 of 15

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Gsdworld21 wrote:
We love our notes on here

All 832  of them......Shocked

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
As of last Thursday I walked out of the store a proud owner of the note 8, upgrading from note 4, 7 started having issues just as I went to buy it lol.
I am on what GSDworld21 put for handset. It's my airtime tariff that has screwed me. Lol
I was on a SIM only 20gb unlimited calls/texts for £26 a month. Same thing is now costing £30 odd, shouldn't of really had to restart a tariff to grt the handset as they're apoarently 2 "separate" bills! So in all new handset, new air time is something like £73 a month.
Handset is good. Not seen much difo between my 2 handsets. Disabled bixby just like I disabled ok Google on the other hand set. I think the camera could of been better. As there's not really a noticeable special feature of having the twin camera, doesn't do 3D like my friends old LG did.
And I can see the difference in the 12mp compared to the note 4 16mp after being told I wouldnt, You see it when you zoom in, it goes grainy. There is plenty of different pros and cons.
But also states there's no disability options in the handset..... There is, it has a blue light filter, which is great for anyone with light sensitive eyes and blue filter dyslexia, So white turn off white/cream. You can even invert to negative colours & it still has the hovering magnifying glass. I haven't yet played with it more to see if can verbally tell you who is ringing/what they have text like my first Note could, it was under a setting for "car mode" & my note 4 had different ssttings in car mode that I never really used due to not talking to me the same way.
I haven't yet seen much difference in the pen function between the 4 and the 8.
Message 15 of 15