cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 CS say phone isn't latched, phone says it is. Help!

Quadrophenia
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

My friend, an O2 customer of some years was lucky enough to bag himself one of the Huawei Mate 20 Pro's recently and kindly passed on his S7 Edge to me. Of course, it's networked locked to 02 and I'm with 3. So, he calls O2 CS and they tell him oh, that phone is already unlatched - he explains it isn't and they say no probs, he'll get an email within 7 days with a SIM network unlock PIN (which the phone is asking for when I put my 3 SIM in).

Only a couple of days later, he email arrives saying no worries, that phone is already unlatched. So he calls O2 CS again.
Rinse and repeat x 4 (so far).

CS rep says phone is already unlatched, he explains it isn't they say OK we'll send you an email in 7 days with an unlatching code. Email says:

CASE REF. 1070771823

** THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE **
Hi, 
Your device is already unlatched so an unlatching code will not be needed.
Thank you,
O2 Customer Service.

Can CS reach out and lend us a hand? I've tried a Virgin SIM in it and it's still locked. An O2 SIM works just fine. Pic attached.

I have an O2 business contract phone if that helps any, with me not being the owner of the initial account.
Thanks!

Screenshot_20190118-173227_Nova Launcher.jpg

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Quadrophenia
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@MI5 O2 CS have just told my mate that the problem is I need a PUK code from 3.
I thought a PUK code was for a locked SIM.
Message 11 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes it is. If a virgin sim doesn’t work either and the three sim works without a sim pin in another phone, they are wrong. But it could be hardlocked if too many attempts have been made to unlock with a wrong code.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 22

Quadrophenia
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It won't be hardlocked as I haven't had a code to try in the first place. 3 gave me two PUK codes anyway but of course, they don't work.
Message 13 of 22

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Don’t try more than 5 times.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 22

Quadrophenia
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks, and duly noted.

I just can't understand how it can be so difficult. To arrive at a point where he's been told I need a PUK code from 3 is bizarre.
My friend tried the form but says it spat him out with an error.
CS now suggest taking it to an O2 shop. I think that will result in a salesperson looking blankly at me.

I'm still hoping someone lovely here will be able to PM or email me this elusive code or I'm destined to use it on WiFi only.
Message 15 of 22

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@EmilieT is our unlock guru but you’ll need to wait until Monday now I guess. 

Currently using:
Message 16 of 22

Quadrophenia
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Fingers crossed.
Thanks for your help - have a good weekend.
Message 17 of 22

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @Quadrophenia, and welcome to the forum Wave I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling to get this phone unlocked, I'll drop you a Private Message shortly to get some more details and we'll get someone to look into what's going on for you slight_smile

Thanks @MI5 for the mention!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 18 of 22

Quadrophenia
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey @EmilieT - wonderful news!

Many thanks.

Message 19 of 22

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

No problem @Quadrophenia - thanks for sending over all the info I needed, I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from our gurus on this smiling

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 20 of 22