cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nougat finally released for the O2 Galaxy S6!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

WOOHOO!!!! Finally!!!!

Some 8 months and 23 days after it was first released, Android Nougat has just been downloaded to my O2 32GB Galaxy S6 and is currently being installed as I type. 

If you have an S6, check your software update in Settings. It wasn't pushed to my device, I manually checked it just now and the update started downloading. I last checked it yesterday and the update wasn't available then, so it must have appeared today.

It's a 1.3gb file, but hopefully it's worth the very long wait.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
The only way to "fix" the message app is to use a different one.
Hundreds of message apps to choose from on Play store.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I'm a little nervous about using third party apps from the store. for this type of thing as in the past there have been apps with a trojans injected.

Message 22 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
If you feel that is a real concern you could use well known messaging apps such as facebook messenger, whatsapp, BBM, Tugo or Google hangouts etc but the risk of infected apps off Google Play is extremely low if not zero. Just select one with good ratings from many feedbacks.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 23