cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nougat 7.1.1 for Samsung s7 & s7 edge (O2)

Zoon
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 16 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi after installing and using nougat 7.0.0, liking the new features I was wondering if anyone knows when 7.1.1 will be available for us to install? 👽
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zoon
  • 16 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I've asked samsung and got this reply:-

Software updates are released in batches and release dates for them will vary by region. As they are often rolled out over the period of a quarter, it may be this long until you receive the update.

Have you enabled automatic updates? If enabled, this should ensure that you get the update as soon it becomes available; you can find this option by following these steps:

Applications>Settings>More>About Device>Software Update/Automatic Updates (Change to On). ^BC

So it looks like the long wait begins again 👽

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Whenever it gets released by Samsung, approved by O2 and subsequently pushed to your phone from Samsung's servers.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Zoon
  • 16 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I've asked samsung and got this reply:-

Software updates are released in batches and release dates for them will vary by region. As they are often rolled out over the period of a quarter, it may be this long until you receive the update.

Have you enabled automatic updates? If enabled, this should ensure that you get the update as soon it becomes available; you can find this option by following these steps:

Applications>Settings>More>About Device>Software Update/Automatic Updates (Change to On). ^BC

So it looks like the long wait begins again 👽
Message 3 of 5

Stevoc19
Level 1: Joiner
  • 23 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
These posts are 6 months old and I'm still on 7.0. Anyone know what's going on?
Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
What's going on is that Sammy have only released 7.0 so far.
My answer above still stands.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5