cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 7 Return Question

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right I've been following this for a while and had a call from O2 last night saying that Samsung are recalling them.

OK, no worries.

The issue I have (and no one seems to be able to answer) is if I decide to hold onto my potentially exploding Note 7 until replacement phones are readily avaliable, will O2 or Samsung reject the replacement later on?

I can send the phone back now and be without a phone for 2-3 weeks, job done and yes this is the sensible option, I understand that.

But alternatively can I hold onto my phone for the next few weeks and when replacement phones are in stock, etc, walk into my local O2 store and get a replacement there and then? I know I run the risk of the thing exploding but from what i've seen no cases have been reported in the UK yet.

No other phone interests me so buying something else is out of the question and I'm perfactly happy with my O2 contract, etc.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just had the phone call from O2 giving me the following options

1 Return my Note 7 and take another phone on my upgrade - not interested.

2 Return the note 7 and use another phone until Samsung can replace it.

3 Keep the Note 7 until Samsung can replace it - Not O2 recomended but my choice.

Message 11 of 26

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Myself I would get that info from Samsung.
Telephone conversations are not all recorded..
Message 12 of 26

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Re contacting Samsung...I posted this earlier on another thread.

"In the UK some British networks were running promotional deals where pre-order customers could get devices early, and so some are already in the wild and will need to be replaced. For more information, Samsung directs UK customers to its customer service line at 0330 7261000.

http://www.androidcentral.com/has-my-galaxy-note-7-been-recalled

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 26

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I definitely agree that Samsung should be the first port of call. Even though you bought the phone from O2, Samsung would be best placed to give a time frame for replacements. 

@Anonymous I'm not sure if keeping it is a wise choice. I said this to an earlier poster, if you choose to keep the phone until a replacement is available and it explodes in the meantime, what are your options then? If Samsung or O2 say they won't replace it because you were warned, you could be out of pocket for a very expensive device. Just something to consider.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 14 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Copy and pasted from the 'official' O2 thread after I had spoken to Samsung directly.

"Right, update for everyone.

Spoke to a lovely lady at Samsung on their support line who said I can get a replacement directly from them even though I upgraded through O2.

I can continue to use my phone as normal (with some common sense ie. don't leave it charging all night long) as currently there are no reported issues in the UK.

She took my details down and informed me that Samsung will be in touch with me in roughly 7 days to let me know what the situation is and how replacement devices will be issued.

Whether this means I still have to send mine back first or whether it's collected and replaced at the same time I don't know but it's a darn sight better than the O2 situation of returning my phone and not having a phone for an unknown period of time.

My advice to owners, speak to Samsung directly and get a replacement (if you want to keep the Note 7) directly from them."

I have no problem in replacing a faulty phone, what I do have an issue with is being without a phone for a considerable period of time which is what O2 can't seem to grasp.Luckily Samsung seem on the ball.

Message 15 of 26

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Glad to hear you've got a definitive answer @Anonymous. As said before, in situations like this, which are thankfully rare, it's always best to get your information and advice direct from the manufacturer. Please come back and update us when there is any progress with the issue.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 16 of 26

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Let us know please of any further communication with Samsung and o2. Hope all goes well for you.
Message 17 of 26

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I had every faith in Samsung to be sensible about this.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Sad though this Note 7 overheating problem is...Samsung have been open, honest and appear to be acting swiftly to help their customers. Good for them...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 26

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Sad though this Note 7 overheating problem is...Samsung have been open, honest and appear to be acting swiftly to help their customers. Good for them...

Yes very refreshing 

Message 20 of 26