Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not registered on Network when in France

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I have an S6 Edge.

I'm at my wits end with this problem, it has happened sporadically over the last 3 years and I've had to call cs which has usually resolved the problem but since the 2nd September every time I go to France I can't get registered on any Network, so I can't make any calls, send or receive texts or use my Data. I'm there every month working so it's important for my phone to be working to it's full potential and it's just luck that my partner has been with me on the last three trips so I was able to use her phone to call CS and keep up with my business.

When I called on the 2nd September the representative I spoke to at CS said she found a roaming bar on my account, both primary and back up servers, which she lifted and that cured my problem momentarily! So I called back again and was told the 'gurus' were trying to find the problem and somebody would call me back but nobody ever did.

Seventeen days later I was in France again and found myself with exactly the same problem and same lack of a solution from O2 although a 'guru' did call back and tell me I needed a new SIM card and if that didn't work the phone must be faulty, but he couldn't explain why my SIM worked perfectly in the UK. So on my return home I went to my local O2 shop and got a new SIM card.

Wednesday 21st Oct I was back in France and exactly the same problem, this time I was given a story of new transmitters being erected in the area causing outages but I was talking to him on another Samsung phone with a different number on my account - he couldn't fathom that out but promised me faithfully an engineer would call back within the hour but nobody returned my call. I called again yesterday and spoke to a woman who went through all my notes and checked that I had performed every option possible to try and get my phone to work but to no avail. She then said I probably needed a new SIM card(smh) and when I told her it was a new one she said you'll have to let O2 have the phone and send it away for repair, bearing in mind it's already been back to Samsung because the LCD died I told her I wanted a new replacement phone and she more or less said unless you pay off the remaining amount on your 2 year contract that's hard luck!

Surely when I opted to pay a bit extra for Samsung's flagship phone I should receive a faultless one? Not one that's been repaired twice? It's like paying full price for a new engine for your car and getting a reconditioned one in it's place.

Since 2nd September I've called CS 22 times about this and have had no help from O2!

tldr, ongoing 2 month problem, not registered on network when in France no help from O2, faulty phone want a new replacement.

Anybody got any thoughts on this?

T.I.A.

Ron

Message 1 of 23
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's nothing to do with the phone so park that thought.
It's an account issue so you'll just have to keep calling o2 until you find someone capable of fixing the issue I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

You need to get this roaming bar on your account sorted. This should not be happening. It may require a call to CS before every travel until it is corrected.

I travel a lot to Spain...if this happened to me only once... I would be furious....:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 23

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's nothing to do with the phone so park that thought.
It's an account issue so you'll just have to keep calling o2 until you find someone capable of fixing the issue I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 23

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Can I ask a few questions?

1 Are you on Payg , Paym or business

2 do you have O2travel on or off on your account ?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

I keep calling and calling, it's really driving me crazy and if my girlfriend isn't with me then I have no phone to call with, I never know if it's going to work until I get there!

I've been going to France for my work for years I have no idea why this should suddenly start happening.

Sorry to vent guys, thanks for your response.

Ron

Message 5 of 23

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No worries about venting mate. It would drive me mad too.
I assume you have tried a manual network selection?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm on pay monthly, have been for many years.

I was using the Moredata to 23336 but I think they changed it to O2 Travel
Message 7 of 23

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can check if o2 travel is active by looking at the bolt ons in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
There's no need for "moredata" if travel is active for EU countries.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've tried everything, I can see the list of Networks there but I can't register on any of them, sometimes very briefly I get an error message "SIM card not compatible with this Network" but I put a new one in last week. My girlfriends phone is also on my account, different number, and that works perfectly.
Message 9 of 23

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Check in myo2 for your current bolton's. This could be o2 applying credit control limits ?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 10 of 23