cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not recieving texts on new Galaxy note10 plus, (moved from iPhone)

EJL
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I recently moved from iphone to Galaxy Note 10 - love it. I'm with o2, so is my husband (hes still with iphone). I can send him texts, but cant recieve them.

I also have a new sim. Everything else works, make and recieve call, everythin... but no texts recieved. Been on youtube and tried the various suggested tricks to improve experience and this very problem, but none have worked. I have deregistered imessage too just now. 

o2 are not accepting calls to the help dask...please help.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

O2Karl
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 285 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

Hi @EJL 

Was your old phone an Apple iPhone by any chance? If so you might have to deregister from iMessage.

It's possible your husband's phone is sending you an iMessage but as you now have a Samsung it's not coming through.  

You can do a test by asking your husband to switch off iMessage and send you a text to see if this is the issue. 

You can deregisgter iMessage here

signature
Message 2 of 5

EJL
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your reply... I have deregistered imessage already. Anything else I can try?

Message 3 of 5

O2Karl
  • 285 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

Can you also try asking your husband to send you a message with iMessage switched off? Just to see if Apple have 100% deregistered from iMessage.

signature
Message 4 of 5

dlt1972
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 26 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Check that your iPhone is no longer associated with your Apple ID. You can do this by logging-in on icloud.com, going to Account Settings and checking under My Devices.

Message 5 of 5