cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving texts from EE users

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since I have had my sim swapped onto a newer contract, I've not been able to receive texts from people on EE. I can receive calls from them. I can receive texts from O2 users, possibly other networks, but definitely not EE. One of the EE users has checked on their end and there isn't anything they can see or that EE can see is wrong and they are receiving my texts fine. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same problem. Not receiving from Vodafone or EE

Message 2 of 26

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I decided to do my own test today...I have TuGo installed and although my phone isn't new I do have family and friends on all networks. I asked them to text me...3 in from O2, one in from EE and another from Vodafone....

Not sure what that proves but it was a test to satisfy myself as I hadn't had texts from anyone for a couple of days.

By the way... 2 of the people who contacted me on O2 have new phones....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I read through a lot of them, but I wasn't using TuGo. I rang O2 earlier in the day and they were aware there was any kind of problem.

Message 6 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wasn't using TuGo, until reading through the messages in the community, but I don't think it has made a difference in using the app

Message 7 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I have heard O2 have recognised there is some sort of problem...I doubt it will be addressed immediately though as most engineers will be returning to work after the Easter break...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had the same problem over the weekend. I upgraded my phone to the Samsung S7 on Saturday 26th, ever since I cant receive text messages from my girlfriend whos on EE. She can receive my texts just fine and I can get text messages from other networks.

Shes rang EE whos refreshed her network and they also told her that her messages are being sent so they are saying it isnt an issue at their end.

Also, I'm not sure if this is connected but I gave my old Samsung S5 (the phone i upgrades from) to my mum. After she finished setting it up she tried a phone call and the person on the other end couldn't hear her, so could this be connected? The phone was fine the last time I used it on Saturday, before I upgraded. The only other thing i can think of is that its a coincidence and it could be an app or setting at fault?

Sorry for hijacking this thread but its the same issue.
Message 9 of 26

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous This appears to be an ongoing issue. You need to report the problem to customer service, and your mum does too, but I don't think the problems are related. http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Check your old phone to see if the sound settings are correct, i.e. the volume. As it's a new phone for your mum, she may have unintentionally changed a setting or pressed a wrong button.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 26