cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving calls just missed call messages

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had this issue for at least a year now I get at least 3 missed call messages a day I've even had to make my calls divert to my house number which I'm not always home and I have important calls that come through. I have rung O2 numerous of times I've done the hard reset I've switched phone I've been sent new SIM cards ect anything I've been told to do does not help, I'll be sitting next to my phone and full bars and suddenly I'll receive a missed call message out of no where, it's become really frustrating as the a specific number that calls me I can't call back because it's a prison. I can't even change by network provider I still have 6 months on this contract and I'm bringing to get really frustrated, I know it's not the sim it's not the phone because my dad has the exact same issue and he's given up and doesn't use his phone anymore. I don't see why I'm paying a monthly contract for such bad service can anyone help me with a definite solution?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I can only suggest you file a complaint and ask to be released from your contract early http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

If this has been going on for a year you would certainly have grounds to ask for an early release from your contract, but it needs to be done by  going through the proper channels via the link that MI5 has given you. In the meanwhile you should get a few Pay & Go sims from different providers and see which network gives you the best signal in your area. Once you find the right one, and you hopefully have success with your complaint to O2, you should switch providers. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 10

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Not ideal and possibly justification for leaving your contract without penalty. Others have managed to do this through the complaints process but it requires determination on your part. In the meantime have you tried the TuGo app for home use? It's not a brilliant app but might help given that you aren't receiving any calls at all.

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
if u try *#62# and send what does it say, just out of curiosity?
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dont know what has been tried but have u tried these?

1-

Go to settings.
choose : Device
choose; Call
Choose: Call Rejection
Choose: Auto Reject Mode (turn it to off)

2-

turn off the LTE by go to setting=>Connections=>More networks=>Mobile networks=>Network mode and then choose "GSM/WCDMA

(bear in mind that this last one may slow down ur 4G if u use it)

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had the same problem since update I switched off manual in DO NOT DISTURB and I'm all working again hope that helps
Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I had the same problem since update I switched off manual in DO NOT DISTURB and I'm all working again hope that helps

Very relevant for an iPhone but this is posted in the Android section......

Of course it's always possible that blocking mode has been enabled or the number individually blocked.....?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 10

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Dont know what has been tried but have u tried these?

1-

Go to settings.
choose : Device
choose; Call
Choose: Call Rejection
Choose: Auto Reject Mode (turn it to off)

2-

turn off the LTE by go to setting=>Connections=>More networks=>Mobile networks=>Network mode and then choose "GSM/WCDMA

(bear in mind that this last one may slow down ur 4G if u use it)

@Anonymous  I am sure meant to say this will slow down data not 4G as LTE is 4G slight_smile

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 9 of 10

daretodazzle
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the same issue. I can stop the contract as i am in the new period. Very frustrating, missing calls qith work and GP...

When i want to male a call it says not registered on network...I have a samsung device ..

Message 10 of 10