Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia 8800 GSM Network Support

DippingShrub
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've dug out a Nokia 8800 from a draw, anyone know if O2 will support this on their network with sim only?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149984 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@DippingShrub 

2g only obviously but yes, calls and texts work OK.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

DippingShrub
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply, just standard sim only deal, don't have to get any kind of specific contract for the basics?

Message 3 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11646 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3165 Solutions

It might be better getting a PAYG sim, as that was i pop in my 8800 to give it a quick run out...  slight_smile  and GPRS is a bit hit and miss these days...

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 149984 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@DippingShrub wrote:

Thanks for the reply, just standard sim only deal, don't have to get any kind of specific contract for the basics?

That will work fine as it does in mine @DippingShrub 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 94426 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

Your will probably need to be unlocked unless it has been used previously on the O2 network

Message 6 of 6