Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal, no wifi calling, no TuGo...

AllHopeLost
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Until recently I was using an iPhone 5s. Then I got the email saying that they're scrapping TuGo at the end of this month.  We live on a remote farm with truly the most horrendous service both indoors and outside.  Naturally the O2 site tells us that the service is 'good'.  They haven't tried living here.  I rely 100% on TuGo when I'm at home.  O2 won't supply me with a booster because I'm not a business client.

So I looked up my options and discovered that my 5s wouldn't support wifi calling.  I was starting to hate it anyway so I hunted around for something else and landed on a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.  Love it so far. EXCEPT I still can't get wifi calling because I didn't buy it from O2 so I can't get O2 firmware.

Following a discussion with a lady at O2, she thinks that a new SIM might help with our poor signal.  I am skeptical but said I'd try it anyway.  If it doesn't make any difference I am trapped into a contract with O2 and unable to make calls in my own home.  Feel like I'm just going round in circles, spending money and getting nowhere.

Please don't suggest Whatsapp, Messenger or anything like that. I do all that anyway, but just sometimes people try to ring me or text me.  Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

Though I believe some of the customers who make the most noise have managed to get one free. 

Message 11 of 12

AllHopeLost
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I will try that.  With all the time I've spent on the phone to them trying to work this out, you'd have thought they might have suggested it.

Message 12 of 12