Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal, no wifi calling, no TuGo...

AllHopeLost
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Until recently I was using an iPhone 5s. Then I got the email saying that they're scrapping TuGo at the end of this month.  We live on a remote farm with truly the most horrendous service both indoors and outside.  Naturally the O2 site tells us that the service is 'good'.  They haven't tried living here.  I rely 100% on TuGo when I'm at home.  O2 won't supply me with a booster because I'm not a business client.

So I looked up my options and discovered that my 5s wouldn't support wifi calling.  I was starting to hate it anyway so I hunted around for something else and landed on a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.  Love it so far. EXCEPT I still can't get wifi calling because I didn't buy it from O2 so I can't get O2 firmware.

Following a discussion with a lady at O2, she thinks that a new SIM might help with our poor signal.  I am skeptical but said I'd try it anyway.  If it doesn't make any difference I am trapped into a contract with O2 and unable to make calls in my own home.  Feel like I'm just going round in circles, spending money and getting nowhere.

Please don't suggest Whatsapp, Messenger or anything like that. I do all that anyway, but just sometimes people try to ring me or text me.  Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
We've heard of 2 people on here that have wifi calling on non O2 Samsungs so it may be possible for you to get it either now or soon.
I guess you have enabled wifi calling in your MyO2 and rebooted the phone to see if it appears in settings?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 3 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

There's also the option of a land line if the OP is that remote. No mobile provider will ever offer 100% coverage.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 12

AllHopeLost
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes I've done that but thank you for the suggestion.

Message 5 of 12

AllHopeLost
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

They won't give me one.  Apparently the ones you buy on Ebay are legal to buy but illegal to use.

Message 6 of 12

AllHopeLost
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

We aren't that remote but we are in a dip.  The house 300 metres up the road gets a great signal.  They share a postcode, hence why O2 say we have a good signal.  Was managing fine with TuGo.

Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought they were offering boost boxes for £180?

Message 8 of 12

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122369 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Agree with the above Boost boxes are available to consumer customers if you make enough noise (via a complaint) . They will cost you £180 https://www.o2.co.uk/help/network-coverage-and-international/boostbox-guide

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 12