cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No network Coverage galaxy S4

Anonymous
Not applicable

My Galaxy S4 has been great up until saturday morning and since then i'm unable to sent messages and calls and my mobile data isnt even working even though i have full bars on the signal?? Constantly telling me that i have no Network coverage even though other people on the same Network are fine. The phone hasn't been damaged in any way. Any answers anyone please??

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Firstly, make sure you havent turned Airplane mode on by accident.

Secondly, try removing the battery and sim for 10 seconds and putting back together and turn the handset on. This re-establishes the sim to the network to force a connection.

Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Have a look through this help thread here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev...
Most likely issue is a sim card failure which you can check by trying your sim in another phone and another sim in your phone.

If you do need another sim you can pop into any O2 shop for a replacement (they will do the sim swap for you) or contact CS to have one sent out.

If you do it yourself the sim swap form is here http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/ (activations may take up to 24 hours) and also make sure you request the correct sim for your account as contract and PAYG are different.

Good luck slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

Sammy_boy
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 171 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Have you had the phone from new? If not could it have been blocked, either by a previous owner or by accident of the above suggestions don't work?
Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Sammy_boy wrote:
Have you had the phone from new? If not could it have been blocked, either by a previous owner or by accident of the above suggestions don't work?

I did consider that in my reply, but mobile data would most likely still be working if phone was blocked.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
had it from new, if i switch to GSM only im getting some coverage but not always
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Have you tried your sim in another phone, or can you try it - It would help to eliminate the phone from the issue...?

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

Sammy_boy
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 171 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Apologies @mi5, I must have missed your post! Hope you get it sorted op slight_smile
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Sammy_boy wrote:
@Apologies @MI5, I must have missed your post! Hope you get it sorted op slight_smile

Not a problem and no need to apologise - I was just throwing it out there for discussion slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9