cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No help on website when asking about a replacement sim

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was a bit surprised to find that there is no help for the above situation. I tried a search for "my sim will not fit my new phone" without any hits. 

Has no one ever bought a new phone before that requires a different sized SIM? Hardly!!? So why is there no help with the process of asking for a replacement SIM on the website...?

I rang customer support and they sorted it for me, but in this 'connected world' I would expect this to be website option.

[edit] I've just found a community question with "Replacement SIM" but this needs to be a feature of the O2 website, not somthing to stumble on in the depths of the community forum if we happen to ask the right question.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Most people just know to speak to cs or pop into your local store.
You can complete the process online if not done elsewhere.
http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Most people just know to speak to cs or pop into your local store.
You can complete the process online if not done elsewhere.
http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. And just for fun, as a result of your reply, I searched for "swap sim" and still not hits on the main site. It's a good job you guys are there to fill in the 'wesite potholes...' But it does show a certain short sightedness in the O2 ranks...

Yes, in the absence of any readily available info on the website I use cs, but as O2 probably want to limit the use of cs to the minimum, they are not helping themselves in this situation.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Just wait until they bring in the robots!

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks. And just for fun, as a result of your reply, I searched for "swap sim" and still not hits on the main site.

Well known fact on here......"seek and ye shall not find".

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

On the help page, you type in swap sim and you get three links, none of which are any help. 

But directly below are 6/80 links to the community.... 

Screenshot_20**Personal info**-**Personal info**.png

Message 6 of 6