cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 6P red flashing LED

Anonymous
Not applicable

Phone shut down during a call.

Has been charging via USB into laptop during the day (presume it was fully charged).

Battery charging indicator does display very briefly (approx every 20 seconds) before the LED flashing resumes.

Any ideas as to what could be the issue?  I do have a wall charger at home but have had no problem charging via USB in the past.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Sometimes if you charge something via a USB on a laptop, it can go into sleep mode then the charging will possibly stop if you don't keep the laptop screen active, it may have gone into sleep mode & stopped the USB lead from charging. 

My my suggestion would be to charge it up with a wall plug overnight first before sending it for repairs 

do do not send it to o2 repairs, send it to the manufacturer 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
have you tried it with a different cable or usb port?
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Only have the one cable here with me (the very short one supplied with the phone).

Tried all three USB ports on the laptop.

If I unplug the cable and press power button on the phone the red LED lights up once and then goes off (happens every time power button is pressed).

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Sometimes if you charge something via a USB on a laptop, it can go into sleep mode then the charging will possibly stop if you don't keep the laptop screen active, it may have gone into sleep mode & stopped the USB lead from charging. 

My my suggestion would be to charge it up with a wall plug overnight first before sending it for repairs 

do do not send it to o2 repairs, send it to the manufacturer 

Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It does sound as if you may need a new usb cable. Try charging via the wallplug as mentioned by @Anonymous

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's either a dead battery or a crashed bootloader.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

can you get to the fast boot menu 

phone off 

volume down and power button at the same time 

keep them held until you get to fast boot menu

using the volume up and down to select options and power to select 

you can factory reset from here 

Message 7 of 7