cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 6P poorly priced?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wondered what others thought to the Nexus 6P price points?

3GB for £41 a month with a £9.99 upfront payment makes it only £10 upfront less than a similar Galaxy S6 Edge. That seems a little high for what is supposed to be a relatively low cost model.

Personally, I'm going to see what the Z5 Premium now comes in at as the additional storage options may make it worthwhile.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
I think it's comparable.
The S6 is an old phone now (in mobile lifecycles) and the Nexus is new and retailing at £450 approx.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I suppose my particular gripe is the price steps. £40ish upfront and £38ish per month would be a decent amount but you have to put down £109 to get down to £36.

It just seems a little steep for the phone in question but I may change my tune once they put the price for the Z5P up.

Message 3 of 5

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Z5 premium is £629 direct from Sony, on refresh this normally works out at between £579-£600 depending on tariff.
So ~£25 a month (depending on upfront and tariff) then whack your tariff on top.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's sort of what I was thinking. It's the roulette wheel of upfront options that just confuses/frustrates me.

I know it's only £3 a month either way, I just find some of the options odd across the ranges.

Message 5 of 5