cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 4 problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've recently got a Nexus 4 from 02 and every so often the phone app keeps force closing and the only way to fix it is to factory reset my phone which is a real pain as I lose all my data. I've had the phone for 2 months now and it has happened around 5 times now am I entitled to a replacement phone or will I just usage to live with it. It's becoming a real pain as I'm missing calls because the phone app keeps force closing. Any help would be welcome.
Thanks in advance
Tony

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You will be offered a crappy basic phone for which you have to pay a £15 deposit for.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Usually, these issues are a app conflicting or a full cache folder. If you do a reset again don't install any apps for a while and see if the issue persists. I would also boot into recovery mode and choose clear cache from the menu to see if it helps.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your response but I have tried all the things you said. I'm not new to android and have done a few modification in the past to other devices. I'm not really looking for advice on how to fix the problem I'm just wondering if I can get a replacement phone but thanks anyways
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
It has to go in for repair first before O2 will consider replacing it.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok but if I do that will I be without a phone or will I get a replacement phone for the time been?
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You will be offered a crappy basic phone for which you have to pay a £15 deposit for.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6