Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Question... phone advice needed.

SallyMagpie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 27 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Righteo, your going to get sick of me and my stupid questions, but I kinda like your impartial advice, so hey!

I at the moment have a blackberry which I adore, but its battery is slowly dying, and I am going to replace it with an android. I can't tell you why. But I don't want an iphone, and I have a bit of a problem with Simpsons Tapped Out ( I won't go to rehab, I enjoy it too much) So, its got to be android.

Now, I am stuck.

At the moment I carry around with me a kindle, a samsung galaxy tab and my phone. I would like to reduce this down, so I am happy to have a bigger phone, so I can do without the tab in my handbag.

I have been looking at the Sony Z3 or the HTC One M8. Is there a positive or a negative to either of these? Would I be better waiting for a kitkat phone?

My data useage on my blackberry is low low, but I am worried when I move over to an android it will go through the roof because my sister that that problem with hers.. However, most of the time I am on the wifi at home.

So many questions, so little answers.

Any ideas?

My requirements are

- lets me play simpsons tapped out

- lets me use instagram

- has a big screen

- comes in a nice/girl colour OR has a nice coloured case which is made by the same brand of the phone. Id on't want no £1.99 **bleep**e off of ebay... (this is one of the reasons I am tempted by the M8)

Message 1 of 55
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

There are no restrictions for games or apps on Android. Best thing for you to do would be to go to CPW and have a play with the phones you're considering.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

Anonymous
Not applicable

See, this annoys me, a BlackBerry user that is being forced to Android because O2 refuse to stock BlackBerry despite customer demand!

My advice? Go to Carphone Warehouse and get the BlackBerry of choice. If you want to stay with O2 as your service provider then you will be able to get an O2 contract there.

Your data usage on your current Blackberry will be low as I am assuming its an old Blackberry and will still use BIS (Blackberry Internet Service). BIS compresses your data, meaning when you move to a phone that doesn't have it, Android, BlackBerry 10 or otherwise, your data usage will sky rocket! Be very wary of this!

Message 2 of 55

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

The advice PapaDug is offering is a very good way to go, should you want to stay with Blackberry. I'm not all that familiar with them, but I believe they are now offering a phablet sized phone which might suit your needs. Should you wish to explore the possibility of Android, you might want to take a look at the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, which might also be a good fit for you.

By the way, the Sony Xperia Z3 and the HTC One M8 are both using KitKat as the OS at the moment, and it seems fairly likely that they will be upgraded to Lollipop when it becomes available, as will the Note 4.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 55

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Note 4 would suit you perfectly well slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah. A Note 4 or Nexus 6 would suit down to the ground.

Message 5 of 55

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

SallyMagpie
  • 27 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My only reason for not having another blackberry is you can't get simpsons tapped out on it. LOL

I like them, I do like a keypad tbh as I have nails and I don't be liking the touch screen. But, I am buggered because keyboards are so out.

Tbh, best phone I ever had was the blackberry torch thing. It weighed like a rock, but, it was fabby.
Message 7 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would suggest hitting the high street and play with the demo models and watch you tube end user reviews.
Message 8 of 55

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

There are no restrictions for games or apps on Android. Best thing for you to do would be to go to CPW and have a play with the phones you're considering.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 55

SallyMagpie
  • 27 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am allergic to carphonewarehouse.
tbh, I am allergic to people, I don't like talking to them.
I did consider going to tmobile through tesco as they have an unlimited data thing, but that involves talking to real people too - such a drag.
Message 10 of 55