Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie can't connect Tab 2 to home wifi

Johnaldo
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 30 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.  When I tried to connect to router I just get "obtaining IP address" for about 3 minutes, then "Network disabled. Poor connection".

Router seems ok, because I'm connected on this laptop.

Problem is a) no manual, and b) can't get any further into the tablet's setting until I pass this point.

Help, please !!

Johnaldo

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Reboot the router anyway first. Then long press on the wifi connection on the Tab and select "Forget". Reboot Tab and try connecting again. Double check your password is correct with the correct upper & lower case letters, numbers etc (most common reason is wrong or incorrectly entered password).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Reboot the router anyway first. Then long press on the wifi connection on the Tab and select "Forget". Reboot Tab and try connecting again. Double check your password is correct with the correct upper & lower case letters, numbers etc (most common reason is wrong or incorrectly entered password).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

AlignedChaos
Level 9: Fired up
  • 77 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 14 Solutions
As alluded to above, it sounds like an authentication fall. It could be password, or even a blocked network address if you have filtering setup on the router.
Message 3 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

You can download the user manual here:

http://blog.clove.co.uk/2012/11/03/samsung-galaxy-tab-2-10-1-gt-p5100-gt-p5110-user-manual/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 7

Johnaldo
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 30 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

Thanks very much for the quick replies!

It did turn out to be the password ... I entered what I thought was correct, and it just accepted it - didn't tell me I was wrong, so I assumed everything was ok and carried on - big mistake!

Anyway on your advice I tried a few other possibilities and eventually got it.

Oh well, only 3 hours of my life wasted!

Cheers, Johnaldo.

Message 5 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Had to be, glad you got it fixed.:smileyhappy:

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You'd be surprised at the number of times we hear that. It's a security feature to stop people hacking in that stops the phone from displaying "Incorrect Password".

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7